CORPORATE SECRETARY TRAINING PROGRAM
Corporate secretaries have evolved from performing only compliance and administrative functions to having a much more strategic and deliberative role as an organization’s “governance advisor”. The modern corporate secretary is no longer a “mere servant”, as often implied in earlier job descriptions and early legal text, but now is expected to provide professional guidance to boards, directors, and management on strategic decisions relating to the organization’s corporate governance standards and practices.
Through its regional Europe and Central Asia Corporate Governance Program (ECA CGP), IFC and its local partner Institutions in Albania Corporate Governance Institute Albania CGIA and in Kosovo – RTC Consulting are organizing a Corporate Secretaries Training with the main aim of building capacities and skills of corporate secretaries representing financial institutions; real private sector companies and corporate lawyer’s firms in Kosovo and Albania.
IFC has been providing corporate governance training programs in over 50 countries since 2008, based on its Corporate Governance Board Leadership Training Resources and accompanying training supplements. This training is based on the Corporate Secretaries Toolkit supplement which has been developed in collaboration with The Corporate Secretaries International Association (CSIA), comprising all the leading professional bodies on corporate secretaries’ practices globally. The Corporate Secretaries Toolkit supplement is specifically designed to support the training of corporate secretaries in their work, providing practical guidance on their role and function drawing on good practices from around the world.
The objectives of the training include the following:
- To cover the full spectrum of a corporate secretary’s roles, functions, and responsibilities, which are at the core of an organization’s governance structure and its governance system
- To clarify the potentially expansive duties of corporate secretaries and enhance their skills
- To emphasize the corporate secretaries’ role in developing good corporate governance practices in their organizations, informed by internationally recognized standards of good practice, drawing on examples from both developed and emerging markets
About the Corporate Secretaries Training Resources
Training content and materials will be based on the Corporate Secretaries Toolkit supplement which has been developed in collaboration with The Corporate Secretaries International Association (CSIA), comprising all the leading professional bodies on corporate secretaries’ practices globally. The Corporate Secretaries Toolkit supplement is specifically designed to support the training of corporate secretaries in their work, providing practical guidance on their role and function drawing on good practices from around the world.
The Corporate Secretaries Toolkit is designed to:
• Enhance corporate secretary function development by helping participants become familiar with the toolkit and learning how to use these resources;
• Engage adult learners by emphasizing interactive activities that draw on the diverse, relevant experiences of participants;
• Enhance corporate governance reforms by instilling in participants leadership values that help them in working within their companies to adopt best practices, especially in relation to the work and role of corporate secretaries; and
• Build long-term relationships with those in similar corporate secretary roles most likely responsible for implementing corporate governance best practices within the companies and organizations in which they work.
Invited participants will have the following profile:
- Be a Corporate Secretary or have the possibility to fulfill that role within their organization;
- Have a knowledge leadership in corporate governance and Corporate Secretary practices; and
- Demonstrate interest/experience in Corporate Secretary work.
For more info about attendance fee and confirmation please contact us within April 10, 2016 at firstname.lastname@example.org
or at the following CGIA address and phone:
European Trade Center – Tower A – 13/3
Blv. Bajram Curri – Tirana, Albania
Phone: +355 4 2247 988;