The Corporate Governance Institute of Albania with the support of IFC are launching the Corporate Governance Board Leadership Programme to develop directors and boards across all sectors in Albania and Region. The CGIA is in a unique position to offer this programme supported and facilitated by international and national consultants. CGIA , a member of The European Confederation of Directors Associations (“ecoDa”) and in partnership with IFC, supported by SECO will bring to Albanian directorship and for those who aspire to become directors the most updated educational professional programs for directors..
The demands on Directors as leaders are continuously evolving; Directors must be one step ahead of the competition, recognize and create opportunities, lead the companies to success and remain composed throughout challenges. The changing business environment that directors and the companies operate in is complicated. This Programme can help the directors and their company to achieve success now and in the future.
Programme has four Parts each composed by 4 modules and each to range for three days. Designed from the director’s viewpoint, they are led by international and national business experts with outstanding experience of training and hands in board rooms. They are also an ideal forum for meeting other directors and expand the profession network . This program in addition can form part of a tailored training package for the companies and their directors.
Who should attend
Non-executive Directors, independent directors, directors including owner-managed companies or family businesses, newly appointed directors and those shortly to become directors.
What to expect
- An in-depth view of the key duties, roles and legal responsibilities of directors, corporate governance and the role of the board;
- An appreciation of the crucial differences between management, direction and ownership;
- An opportunity to discuss case studies;
- Guidance on improving board effectiveness;
- A forum for discussion with peers and a useful networking opportunity;
- A qualifying route to a certified director;
Participation on this Programme will provide you with the knowledge to:
- Understanding the roles played by the shareowners, boards, directors, executive managers, and other stakeholders within the corporate governance system;
- Improve understanding of corporate governance and board directors’ responsibilities
- Develop the competencies directors require to implement responsible corporate governance practices
Corporate Governance Board Leadership Programme at the Corporate Governance Institute Albania
Programme January –May 2016, 4 modules:
- Last week of February (22-26)
- last week of March (27-30)
- last week of April(25-29)
- third week of May (16-20)
The Corporate Governance Institute of Albania herein mentioned as CGIA with the support of IFC are launching the Corporate Governance Board Leadership Programme to develop directors and boards across all sectors in Albania and Region.
The CGIA is adopting the IFC modules and where applicable makes reference from the lectors to international best practices, case studies and applicable legislation in Albania.
Programme has four Parts each composed by 4 modules to range 3 days from Tuesday to Thursday. The draft time line is as below:
The weeks and dates will be confirmed based on the availability of the international lectors.
For each member that takes part in the modules will be distributed an Attendance Certificate after each part and a Qualification Certificate for each member that participates in all four parts.
The language will be English and Albanian.
Participation fee will cover all expenses.